Learn More About Our Practice
Since becoming a licensed attorney in 1980, Lawrence K. Rynning has been practicing primarily in the Chicago metropolitan area, concentrating on insurance coverage analysis and claims and bodily injury and property damage claims. Since the late 1980’s his practice has been focused primarily on investigating, analyzing, litigating and administering various types of environmental contamination claims pursued primarily under liability insurance policies. In 2003, he moved from a Chicago law firm to open his own firm in Wheaton, where he has continued to focus his practice on insurance claims and insurance-related litigation including environmental claims and bodily injury and property damage claims and litigation. He is also currently expanding his practice to include estate administration, planning, probate and elder law issues and related litigation and claims.
To learn more about Mr. Rynning’s credentials and qualifications, please follow the link below.
- Village of Crestwood, Illinois, insurance coverage litigation arising out of alleged residential exposure to dry cleaning chemicals in drinking water, as reflected in the Illinois Appellate Court opinion reported at 986 N.E.2d 678 (2013).
- Insurance coverage litigation arising out of PCB contamination discovered in sediments in the Fox River south of Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Asbestos claim insurance coverage litigation in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana and Minnesota. Management of the defense of asbestos claim litigation pursued against certain policyholders in multiple jurisdictions.
- Outboard Marine Corporation coverage litigation arising out of PCB contamination in Waukegan Harbor, Illinois, including preparation for and participation in trial of excess insurance coverage claims as reflected in the Illinois Appellate Court opinion reported at 670 N.E.2d 740 (1996).
- Bodily injury defense at trial and on appeal, as reflected in the Illinois Appellate Court opinion reported at 601 N.E.2d 1172 (1992) (Ono v. Chicago Park District) (preparation and support role).
- Personal injury and bodily injury defense as reflected in the Illinois Appellate Court opinions reported at 571 N.E.2d 815 (McColgan v. Shamrock Mine Products, Inc.), 488 N.E.2d 644 (1986) (Kostecki v. Pavlis) and 473 N.E.2d 400 (1984) (Stallman v. Youngquist).
- Insurance coverage litigation in Colorado and Illinois arising out of environmental contamination at a former industrial site (many details are reflected in the Illinois Appellate Court opinion reported at 962 N.E.2d 1042 (2011)).
A Comprehensive Resource For Your Legal Concerns
Mr. Rynning can provide comprehensive, prompt and proactive assistance with a wide variety of legal questions posed by both businesses and individuals, including insurance policy analysis and the pursuit of insurance claims, bodily injury claims and property damage claims and other types of civil matters. He has guided many clients through their legal options under a multitude of factual circumstances. In the insurance context, his advice can include the pursuit of a declaratory judgment action, if negotiations might not appear to be productive. In the liability claim context, his advice can result in the commencement of litigation or undertaking an aggressive defense to litigation before reaching a potential settlement. In the estate administration context, Mr. Rynning will take the time to listen to clients and understand their values, whether at his office or at a clients’ residence if necessary to accommodate a client’s needs and abilities.
Call 630-682-9500 for a free initial consultation about your legal issues and concerns, to determine whether Mr. Rynning can assist you and to confirm the potential terms of an attorney retention agreement, or complete our online contact form to arrange your free initial consultation to assess your issues and concerns.